Operating as one of our majority aboriginal-owned partnership companies, Inukshuk Geomatics Inc., Challenger provided survey support for km 52-138 of the Inuvik-Tuktoyaktuk Highway (ITH) project. This is one of the northern-most and technically demanding highway projects in Canada, with much of the route being constructed over permafrost with little support infrastructure.
- Set 3D control points along the route using static and RTK GNSS.
- Surveys for all road construction and aggregate sources.
- Topographic survey on remediation areas during various stages of excavation.
- Volume calculations.
- Topographic surveys on each layer of material.
- Final as-built survey for NT Department of Transportation.
- Published plans certifying volumes and surfaces.
- Maintenance of comprehensive drawing base identifying each phase of excavation and grading.
- Preparation and checking of GNSS machine control digital files; QA/QC of GNSS calibration of machine control systems.
- Legal survey of highway; access roads to borrow pits and land exchange parcel for Inuvialuit.
Client: E Grubens Transport
- David Thompson Award for Challenging Cadastral Survey Project in 2018