- Why Challenger
The second of two sternwheelers bearing the name, the S.S. Klondike carried freight between Whitehorse and Dawson City along the Yukon River from 1937 to the early 1950’s. After decommissioning, the ship was donated to Parks Canada and carefully restored over several years. In 1967, it was designated a National Historic Site of Canada and moved to its current location along the banks of the Yukon River. Challenger scanned the vessel interior and exterior to support Parks Canada’s ongoing preservation and restoration work.