Challenger provided survey services including topographic surveys, control surveys, deformation monitoring and layouts to support the construction of the Bow Building proposed by Encana in downtown Calgary. The 58 story 236 meter crescent shaped skyscraper is currently the second tallest building in Calgary, and is the third tallest in Canada outside of Toronto.
- Preliminary topographic survey prior to demolition.
- Aerial mapping project for site
- Control survey including assessing requirements; installing permanent control points on adjacent buildings; executing precise control surveys; processing data and adjusting data to produce coordinates.
- Layout grades for excavation.
- Deformation monitoring of excavation and shoring wall using 3D Scanner and analysis of data.
- Monitoring of adjacent buildings and C train line.
- Precise layout of control to facilitate construction of foundation and support structures.
- Quality control foundations and structures.
Client: Centre Street Trust
- Tallest building in Calgary when it was constructed
- 2012: Canadian Institute of Steel Construction, National Award
- 2013: CTBUH Best Tall Building Award, Americas Region