The Talent Acquisition Coordinator is responsible for leading the recruitment functions at Challenger Geomatics including candidate sourcing, selection, onboarding, and orientation. In addition, this role supports the Manager of Human Resources in the administration of reports, resources, policies, and programs.
You will be coordinating the company’s full cycle of recruitment activities including job descriptions, recruitment plans, sourcing candidates, interview packages, conducting interviews, reference checks, etc. This includes attending applicable job fairs and managing Challenger’s college recruitment program. You will continually collaborate with branch managers, department leads and company leadership to assess staffing needs and forecasting for new hires.
You will help to establish Challenger as the employer of choice for geomatics professionals and on campuses across Canada, playing an important role in brand development and communicating our company values and culture.
- Preparation of contractual documents such as offer letters, termination letters, extension letters, and any other documentation.
- Administration of onboarding and offboarding processes including employee orientation, terminations, and exit interviews.
Assist with the administration of employee benefits, compensation, and salary surveys.
- Participate in the special projects including development, implementation and maintenance of human resource programs, policies, procedures, etc.
- Maintain accurate personnel records and data integrity with data management system(s).
Generate HR reports such as Org Charts and staff turnover reports.
- Work with the Marketing Specialist on the creation of postings, advertisements, marketing collateral and contributing to Challenger’s social media presence.
What You’ll Need
- Ability to interact with various levels of the organization with a consistent, self-assured, pleasant manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision, and taking ownership of the job responsibilities.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (write formulas, link files, conditional formatting, lookups, pivot tables, charting, etc.).
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Creative and innovative thinker.
- Ability to multitask and manage competing priorities.
- Certificate or Diploma in Human Resources.
- Three to five years of full cycle recruitment.
- HR administration/generalist experience or, an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Requires travel to job fairs, college campuses, and company branch offices (approx. 20-30%).