Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Party Chief is accountable for effectively and efficiently carrying out legal and engineering field survey assignments in one or more of the resource, municipal, construction & engineering divisions on a variety of projects.
This position will be located out of Yellowknife, NT. The successful candidate must live in Yellowknife or be willing to relocate.
- Supervises a crew which conducts field surveys as defined by the project manager, or field resource manager.
- Communicates effectively with project manager, and/or field resource manager as to project progress, problems, client change requests and job completion.
- Provides comprehensive survey notes/sketches, computations and data in support of all field surveys; ensures all documents conform to company standards.
- Trains and coaches survey crew members and holds members accountable for performance which meets company standards.
- Monitors each project from start to completion, as to the quality of service provided and results achieved.
- Performs all supervisory health and safety duties as identified in the company’s safety procedures.
- Ensures all company equipment and vehicles are properly operated and maintained.
- Skilled with GPS, Total Stations and Data Collectors.
- Reviews and Interprets reference drawings and data.
- Graduate survey engineer or technologist.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- Walking – Frequent
- Lifting ±25lbs – Occasional
- Carrying ±25lbs – Occasional
- Forward bending/trunk rotation – Occasional
- Driving (sitting) – Frequent
- Standing – Frequent
- Climbing – Occasional
- Low level activity – Occasional
- Hand use/gripping– Occasional
- Work in hot/cold weather – Frequent