Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Party Chief is accountable for efficiently and effectively carrying out legal and engineering field survey assignments in one or more of the resource, municipal, construction & engineering divisions on a variety of projects.
This position will be located out of Fort McMurray, AB. The successful candidate will be working on projects predominantly within the town of Fort McMurray or Wood Buffalo region, so must live in surrounding communities or be willing to relocate.
- Supervises a crew which conducts field surveys as defined by the project manager, or field resource manager.
- Skilled with the use of field controllers, GNSS antennaes/receivers, Total Stations and other survey equipment
- Communicates effectively with the project manager, and/or field resource manager as to project progress, problems, client change requests and job completion.
- Provides comprehensive survey notes/sketches, computations and data in support of all field surveys; ensures all documents conform to company standards.
- Trains and coaches survey crew members and holds their team members accountable for performance and achieving company standards.
- Monitors each assignment from start to completion, as to the quality of service provided and results achieved.
- Performs all health and safety duties as identified in the company’s safety procedures.
- Ensures all company equipment and vehicles are properly operated and maintained.
- Graduate survey engineer or technologist
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Valid safety certificates
- Walking – Frequent
- Lifting ±25lbs – Occasional
- Carrying ±25lbs – Occasional
- Forward bending/trunk rotation – Occasional
- Driving (sitting) – Frequent
- Standing – Frequent
- Climbing – Occasional
- Low-level activity – Occasional
- Hand use/gripping– Occasional
- Work in hot/cold weather – Frequent