The Senior Survey Technologist is accountable for the processing of field data including digital and hard copy field returns; as well as quality control and review of data pertaining to the various published products of the Geomatics department as directed by the Project Manager.
This position reports to the Office Resource Manager, and is located in our Edmonton office.
The successful candidate will process and analyze field data (GPS static and RTK data) for drafting using various software including COGO, GPS, and CADD. This person will liaise with the project manager and also with clients as required for project execution. The Senior Survey Technologist ensures all published products meet company standards and professional regularity requirements.
- Receives, downloads and processes data from field returns.
- Inputs field data into an electronic database for future reference.
- Creation of 3D surfaces, volume calculations and generating .xml files.
- Identifies and informs the project manager as to deficiencies with field procedures or field returns.
- Monitors technical and field procedures, ensuring adherence to professional practices and company procedures.
- Publishes plans and documents for registration, processing or filing with Government or regulatory agencies.
- Keeps abreast of technical, professional or regulatory developments affecting technical design or processing procedures.
- Identifies and recommends process or technical improvements.
What Skills You’ll Need:
- Solid working knowledge of Civil 3D and MicroSurvey.
- Attention to detail and the ability to provide exceptional customer service.
- Coaching and Mentorship abilities.
- Ability to interpret field returns and processed data.
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines as well as manage time and prioritize tasks.
- Solid verbal and written communications skills.
- Graduate geomatics technologist with a professional designation and 5+ years experience in calculations and/or field operations.
- Minimum of 5 years experience performing survey calculations using Civil 3D and MicroSurvey.
- Previous experience with legal survey practices, including Crown Disposition Surveys, Right of Ways, Oil & Gas.